Want to become certified to teach yoga in your organization or community? We come to you for Teacher Training too! We tailor our teacher trainings to fit your needs and schedule. (minimum of 2-3 participants)
Our Yoga teacher training programs are aimed at developing practitioners who encourage and inspire, who demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of individuals as well as the group. We build the foundation to teach skillfully – with compassion, integrity and safety – as you discover your own unique voice and style. Our trainings are designed to fit the needs of your organization or community. We place emphasis on incorporating wellness and a healthy lifestyle into your training.
Students who complete the 200-Hour Teacher Training program will:
• Deepen their practice and understanding of yoga
• Know how to structure and create a cohesive, well-rounded class
• Acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy
• Have the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga
Students will receive a diploma and Letter of Completion which they can use to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 level.
Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
RYTC Certification, 95 Hours
Lotus House of Yoga/2UYoga Children’s Yoga Teacher Training is designed for those teachers that want to enhance children’s lives through the practice of yoga. This training is designed to fit all schedules and professions, whether you are a school teacher looking at ways to activate learning opportunities in the classroom or a yoga teacher, nanny, parent or therapist who wants to refine their expertise. All that is needed is a passion for yoga and a mission to make a positive difference in the lives of our children (and have a lot of fun!) It is not required that you are currently a RYT registered yoga teacher, if you are you can add your Yoga Alliance,RYCT to your designation.
Training focuses on teaching yoga to children ages 4 – 15. Training includes sessions on :
- breathing exercises appropriate for children
- a complete list of of child-friendly yoga poses
- relaxation techniques & visualizations for children
- creating and using themes and stories
- how to teach different age groups
- yoga games
- partner & group poses
- kid-friendly songs and chants
- simple creative movement routines
- prop suggestions
- class setting adaptations/considerations
- lesson planning/sequencing
- incorporating music, songs, crafts, books and yogic themes
- how to best prepare for class
- tips for improvising
- adaptations for special groups: special needs children, teens, families, etc.
- behavior management techniques that support a loving, non-competitive environment and encourage respect for self and others
The following workshops count for certification of the RYTC, Children’s Yoga Teacher